- lack of documentation EXAMPLES specific to setting up TESTING accounts, particularly around STANDALONE accounts in UK Stripe
- no way to verify provisioning accounts during testing – leading to no way to test acct_id to a specific customer on the platform by customer_id or email
- lack of support for Laravel platform – missing API end points for stripe connect, which I coded myself but lacking support around errors and having to use CURL to get access tokens
- lack of diagrams to show how stripe would work as a complete payment solution for a “marketplace” based application
- too many tokens and ids involved. stripe_publishable_key, stripe_user_id, token_type, refresh_token, access_token, stripe_provisioning_activation, STRIPE_CONNECT_SECRET_KEY, STRIPE_CONNECT_PUBLISH_KEY, STRIPE_CONNECT_CLIENT_ID, customer_secret, customer_key… all leads to massive confusion.
- the process for the end user is too much when they are hit with the big form to fill out in order to join Stripe and connect their account to the platform
Last updated: 15/12/2015 – so check latest stripe docs for improvements some may be possible now. Just letting a bit of steam off!!! 🙂 sorry stripe we love you!